Microsoft announced that the next update for Windows 10 will be released by September 10. It is expected that the fix for this problem will be included in these updates.
Improvements Promised by Windows 10 KB4512941 Update
When this KB4512941 update was released, it promised many improvements. Let’s what were the highlights and the features promised.
The highlights of this update were:
1. Solve the issue that prevented some games from using the “Spatial Audio Capabilities”.
2. Fixing the problem of no cursor appearing while writing a text by using the touch screen facility.
3. Solving the issue of blank tiles in the Start Menu when upgraded to version 1903 of Windows 10 from an older version.
4. Remove the problem of downloading some media, which has been copyrighted, from websites like Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
5. It will boost the app compatibility and the user experience to make the Win32 apps to work with the Windows Mixed Reality in a very perfect manner.
6. Fixing the issue of high CPU usage when a user changes apps or even going through the Taskbar.
The improvements offered by this update were very good.
1. Solving the problem of a black screen is displayed when remotely connecting to another device which is using Windows 10 version 1903.
2. Making the Windows Sandbox not start with an error that says “ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)”. The reason for this to happen is that at the time of updating to version 1903 of Windows 10, the system language must have been changed.
3. Add more supported interrupts. The increase will be of 512 per device, for the systems which have x2APIC allowed in them.
4. Fixing the issue of not being able to use some of the “Trusted Platform Module (TPM)” devices due to their Next Generation Credentials.
5. Update for the problem, which caused the Workstation to cease working whenever someone would sign in with their updated new “user principal name (UPN)”.
6. Solving the issue of Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) of the Microsoft Windows Defender of being able to perform automatic scanning while using a registered proxy setting.
7. Updating the problem which is not allowing the “Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protetion” (ATP) to send events for some specific paths.
8. Fix the problem of the compatibility issue when the ATP of the Windows defender is trying to access a Server Message Block (SMB) which is case sensitive.
9. Solving an uncommon problem at the time when “mssecflt.sys” drivers occupy more space of the kernel stack. When this problem occurred, an error message of “STOP 0x7F: UNEXPECTD_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP” occurs. Parameter 1 set at “EXCEPTIONAL_DOUBLE_FAULT”.
10. Fixing the problem of additional memory usage by the “Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)”.
11. Boost in the detection precision of the Windows Defender.
12. Solution to the problem of Windows Defender not allowing any third-party application to load from the “Universal Windows Platform”.
13. Solving the problem which makes the devices to get shorter names when the Autopilot assigns the name automatically to them.
14. Fixing the problem of not being able to copy a compound document and pasting it from the app that has the RichEdit control and any other applications and vice versa.
15. Solving the issue that didn’t allow the PIN prompt to appear at the time of authentication in the Internet Explorer.
16. Increases the app compatibility and the user experience to increase the number of Win32 apps which will work well with Windows Mixed Reality.
17. Fix the problem which may be responsible for making the following thing to stop working.
- Application created with the help of Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
- Macros using Visual Basics.
- Apps or scripts which use the “Visual Basic Scripting Edition” (VBScript).
You can also get an error message “Invalid procedure call”.
18. Solving the problem which causes the CPU to use more power while shifting between apps.
The Reason for High CPU Usage Windows 10
If you are facing any unusual behavior in your CPU like getting used more than it actually should, then it is due to this Windows 10 update for May 2019. Microsoft confirmed that this problem is related to the SearchUI.exe.
This problem showed up after the optional update for August (KB4512941) was done. Microsoft said that they will soon release the fix for this high CPU usage in Windows 10 in the upcoming updates.
It is seen that this problem only affected the version 1903 of Windows 10 only. It seemed that by restarting the PC multiple times didn’t solve this problem. If you are facing this problem, then you can uninstall the update or you can wait for the fix to be released.
Many things were promised by this update by Microsoft. But, along with fixing some things, it also broke some things and among which the high CPU usage Windows 10 is one. Now they are trying to release the patch as soon as possible.
This type of negligence is not expected from a company like Microsoft. These problems with the updates should have been detected in their test run, but they didn’t. As a result of which we are facing so many problems today.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I permanently delete Windows updates?
Can Windows cause high CPU usage?
Users of Windows may come across a process known as the System Idle Process that uses a lot of CPU. When Windows is idling, you should expect to see the System Idle Process indicate that it uses 95 percent (or more) of your CPU.