Google, the mastermind behind the major innovations on the web is all set to launch its most advanced feature. Google Auto delete option is used to automatically deletes its Location History and all other activities made on Google.
This new feature will allow users to set an end date for data like past Google searches, activities on Google’s purchased sites. It further allows downloading and application of Android Apps and Games, Chrome browsing history if you want to sync it and your location information.
Google usually collects data via ‘Location History’ feature which includes some of its services viz. Google Search and Maps. You will now be able to connect yourself with an option in your Account Settings section. This permits you to store Location and Web & App data.
How Google can Manage Location History Better?
Google was facing too many criticisms over its handling of user’s location data. The location history feature is turned off in all accounts by default, on a smartphone. But a new feature named ‘Associated Press Investigation’ is discovered recently which tracks user’s movements regardless of the fact whether the phone is in switched off mode or not.
Whether you are looking for the quickest driving route, Google aims to make its products helpful for everyone. If you turn on settings like Location History or Web & app activity, data can recommend Google items essential for you. It helps you in recommending a restaurant where you might enjoy with your family and friends. It also helps you in picking up where you left off on a previous search.
Google has heard your feed to keep your information secret and confidential so it found out easy ways to manage or delete it.
To access simply on/off controls for Location History and Web & app activity, you can use your Google Account. You can also choose to delete all or a part of it manually on the basis of screenshots taken in your phone until you decide to remove it on your own. It can also auto-delete the data after it gets three or eighteen months old. These controls will come out in the coming days and will have control first in Location History and Web & App Activity.
As per Google, you will always be able to manage your data and information in the best possible way. It aims to give you the best controls to make it happen.
How to automatically delete Web & App Activity?
From now onwards, you need not delete Web & App Activity manually as Google adds this new feature to do this automatically. Just follow the steps guided below:
- At first, turn on your and Go to My Activity on your phone or desktop.
- Next, select Choose how long to keep under the Web & App Activity banner.
- After that, select the timeline for 3 months or 18 months you’d want Google to keep your new data.
- Any Web & App Activity stored longer than that time span will be deleted. Press Confirm after ensuring you’re glad about your choice.
- Note that Google will delete automatically any Web & App Activity stored longer than 3 months or 18 months.
How to Auto Delete the location history?
In addition, you can also delete your location history without putting any effort as Goggle will do it on its own. Simply follow the instructions mentioned below:
- At first, take your phone and open Google Maps.
- After that, locate the Menu in the left-side hamburger and tap on that.
- Now, choose the Timeline option and Tap the three-dot More button.
- Next, you need to press upon Settings and Privacy option.
- After that, locate the Location settings and click on that option.
- Now, select the Automatically delete Location History option from the bottom of the screen.
- At last, select the length of time of Google to keep and tap the Confirm button to complete the task.
Prior to this edition of the new feature, Google allowed manual deletion of Location History and Web & App Activity. But there were no controls for its regular deletion, which have encouraged more people to use these features. It also said that the Auto-Delete Google Activity functionality will be added as an additional feature.