If you are looking for information on Windows 7 product key, then you’ve landed in the right place!
Users have been looking for a user manual to be able to operate Windows 7 ultimate product key, for both 32 or 64 bit. If you are one of those users, then go through this article.
Ways on Finding the Right Product Key for Windows 7 Based on Operating System
If you are running an operating system of Windows 7, you may get prompts asking you to activate the system using the windows 7 key to be able to activate, you need the correct hold of the windows 7 product key generator. And to get it for the system, here’s what you need to do:
The first thing you need to do is, go to any web browser and then find a program known as “Product key Finder”
Based on the operating system, download the product key when you find it. Such as, for 32 bit OS, download product key for 32 bit and the same goes for 64 bit as well.
Once you’ve successfully downloaded the product key, you’d have to open the file and install it on the system. Go through the details of the installation and then finally, you’d have a product key ready for Windows 7 operating system.
Can you get Windows 7 Product Key Via DVD/CD?
Product keys are made in such a way that it can only be installed from the web. They can’t be installed from any kind of installation media like DVD or CD.
However, you may get a disc of the Windows 7 activation key from those users who’ve already used it for their own operating system. So as a result, you still cannot put that product key to use as it’s been already used.
Alternative Ways to Install Product Key for Windows 7
If you are specifically looking for free ways to be able to install the windows 7 home premium product key then follow this section:
1. Windows 7 on a New OS
One of the, easiest ways to achieve the free windows 7 product key, is to purchase a new OS. And not just that, you need to buy a PC which has windows 7 installed on it already. In relation to this, you won’t be needing to install system drivers or windows 7 ultimate 64-bit product key. However, with this option, you’ll only get the professional version of Windows 7.
2. Make Use of a Used Key from Another PC
You can also try using a Windows 7 PC which has been activated by its windows 7 license key already. In this way, you won’t have to run around looking for product keys when you get the whole setup.
3. Use a Higher Version of Windows OS
Another way you can get Windows 7 product key is by simply downgrading the operating system that has a higher version, or more precisely higher than 7. This is because Windows has an option to downgrade windows OS versions to lower versions. That way you can get the windows 7 version as well as its windows 7 keygen.
Steps on Activating Windows 7 [Without Serial Key]
Getting the serial key is not a hard job but activating Windows 7 is often a problem that has been reported by many users. If you are among those people facing the issue, then follow this section.
1. Remove The SLUI File
To remove the SLUI file in order to activate the Windows 7 OS, do the following steps:
- At first, go to “Start” and then go to “My Computer”. From there, go to the “C Drive” and then locate the folder where the installation file for Windows 7 is situated.
- Then, locate the 32 system folder and click on it. Now, using the search key, look fo the SLUI file in the folder. As soon as you locate the file, you’d have to delete it as it contains the setup for Windows 7.
- Right-click on the “SLUI” file and then choose the “Properties’ option. Then, once the “Settings’ window opens, select the tab called “Security”. From there, choose the option called “Users”.
- After that, choose the option called “Advanced”. Upon doing so, a new dialogue box will show up on the screen. From there, select the option called “Owner” and then choose “User” to be the owner. After that click on the button called “Apply”.
- Once you’ve done that, exit the box and then go back to the folder which contains the “SLUI” file. Once again, right-click on it and then choose the option called ”Properties”.
- Follow the previous step again. Go to the tab called “Security” and from there, choose the “Edit” option under “User”. Now you can make changes in the Permission for owners. Then click on the option called “Username”. Then tick the “Full Control” option so that you permit the allowance.
- After that click on the option called “OK”. Now exit all the boxes and then simply click on the “delete” option when you right-click on the “SLUI” file. Now that you’ve deleted the file. Go to the next step.
2. Start The Activation From Command Prompt
Now, this step would require you to activate Windows 7 using the “Command Prompt”.
- At first, go to the “Start” button and then on the search box, type “Command Prompt” or “CMD”. When the result appears, right-click on it to open it with administrative rights. Now when Command Prompt appears, type the following command at the cursor blink: “Slmgr -rearm”
- And then hit the “Enter” key. After that restart the system once the process is finished. When the system restarts, go to the “Start” section again and then again open “command Prompt” with administrative rights using the previous steps.
- Now, in Command Prompt, write the following command and press the “Enter” key. “Slmgr -ato”
- Once this process finishes, you’ll see that the activation of Windows 7 has been done successfully. Now that Windows 7 has been installed successfully, you won’t need the use of serial keys any longer.