Micro SD card is one of the best storage devices in this modern generation of smart mobile phones, laptops, tablets.
You store thousands of photos and videos in that little piece of chip that you would never want to get rid of.
But, the thing is mishaps will not occur after an announcement.
So, there can be a situation where you lose all the photos and videos that will make you drop in a spot from where you can do absolutely nothing but regret.
This is the reason I have come for you with this article so that you are able to take situations in your own hand and do the needful whenever you lose all the photos and videos from your SD card.
Yes, you got it right. You will be able to get back all the data on your SD card.
Why do You Lose Data from a Micro SD Card?
Before we get into the process where you will get to know how to recover them, you need to have a clear piece of knowledge of the reasons for losing the data.
How long will your micro SD card run depends totally upon the ways you are using it. It also depends on the amount of data you are writing, reading, and erasing on the SD card.
These storage devices are always carrying the risk of getting damaged which makes it obvious to lose data.
The Reasons for which You Lose Data
The very common reason that leads you to lose all photos and videos from your SD card are mentioned here.
- You may delete photos and videos accidentally. This is a common sight in cases where the children of the house get access to all the photo library of your phone.
- Photos and videos might get lost due to a virus attack on your mobile phone.
- If you manage to format the SD card, this will remove each and every data that your SD card was loaded with.
- In some cases, your computer might not be able to recognize the SD card that you inserted in it for not being accessible.
Recovering Photos and Videos of Micro SD Card: Using Stellar Photo Recovery Tool
Now, it is time to get into the process by which you will be able to get back the lost photos and videos.
A software application, known as Stellar Photo Recovery, will help you to do so. This software application is developed by the leaders of data recovery solutions.
This software application is completely safe to download and install on your device.
This application is also popular for being quick in the recovery of photos and videos. Your SD card might have got damaged, corrupted, or have become inaccessible.
Whatever the situation be, Stellar photo recovery will always help you to get back the lost photos and videos within a few moments.
Recovering data from a lost drive or any other device might sound a bit crazy and a lot complicated.
But, that is not the truth if you are using the Stellar Photo Recovery software application. Also, it can recover data from SD cards of literally each and every brand and of any storage capacity.
This software will also help you to recover data from a formatted SD card. Stellar Photo Recovery app is available not only for Windows but also for Mac devices.
Here are the steps of how to recover data from sd card.
The first thing you need to do is to connect the microSD card to your computer.
From the Internet download the Stellar Photo Recovery application on your device.
Now, open and launch the software application.
The home screen of Stellar Photo Recovery appears and from there you have to ‘Select what to recover’ and then you have to click on the Next button.
The fifth step here is to select the location where you desire to regain the photos and videos from.
Then click on the scan button to commence with the scanning procedure.
After the scan is done completely, you will get to see a dialog box appearing on the screen.
The dialog box will say ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ this dialog box actually shows the result of the scanning process.
The result will comprise of the files and found along with the size of the data. If you have a look at the left side of the window, you will find out that the recovered data is listed.
You will be able to preview them in the right pane of the window.
If you see that there are some photos that were not discovered or are missing, you need to click on the Deep Scan button that will be at the bottom of the window.
Now, in the appeared dialog box you have to click on the Recover button.
Select the photos and videos that you need to recover and only those selected files will be recovered by the Stellar Photo Recovery software application.
In the dialog box, you have to mention the location in order to save the image files.
You need to click on the Save button to get each and every selected file to get saved in the location that was fixed for keeping the recovered files.
An Important Point to Remember
One thing that you need to remember in this case is that do not save the files on the save micro SD card.
Either you save those files in a folder in your computer system or you save them on any other external storage device.
Manual Methods to Get Back Photos and Videos
Now, let me tell about the other way by which you will be able to recover photos and videos as well.
This is the manual procedure. Here are the manual methods with the proper steps.
The first manual fix method
- The first step here is to open the Disk Management window.
- Now, what you need to do is to search for the SD card.
- Click the right mouse button on the SD card.
- From the list, you need to click on the Change Drive Letter and Paths and followed by this you have to apply the changes.
- The last and the final step is to Restart your computer system and then connect your Micro SD card once again with your computer system.
The second manual fix method
- In this method, the first step is to go to My Computer or This PC.
- Hit the right mouse button on it.
- Go to the Manage option from the list and then go to the Device Manager that you will find on the left pane of the window.
- Now, you need to double click on the Disk Drives from the list that appears after clicking on the Device Manager.
- The fifth step is to right-click on the name of the removable drive.
- Now, hit the Uninstall button.
- Here is the last and final step. Click on the Ok button and done.
After this, you need to restart your computer device and connect your micro SD card to your device.
You will see that your computer device will recognize the micro SD card this time. Now, you will be able to access all the files on the SD card.
The third manual fix method
- In this method, you have to click on the Windows Start option.
- In the search box, you have to type ‘cmd’.
- Next, you have to click the right mouse button on ‘cmd’. Then, you have to choose the ‘Run as Administrator’.
- A command prompt window opens. Then, type chkdsk < MicroSD card drive letter>:/f (For example, chkdsk E: /f)
- Finally, you have hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
So, by now you understood each and every method by how to recover data from SD card. The software application, Stellar Photo Recovery software application, that I have discussed in the first section.
This data recovery software application is quite popular as it is one of the safest tools for data recovery. If you use the Stellar Photo Recovery application then you will not have to worry.
You will surely get back the lost photos and videos and that too in their original quality. This is something that is even suggested by extreme professionals and also home users as they have gotten the results that they were actually expecting.
The best part of the Stellar Photo recovery tool is it is very quick in recovering thousands of photos and videos at once. Also, you get the original date and the time of the photos and videos.
Hopefully, you got to a clear understanding of the different methods along with the steps for each of the methods.
Have you taken a step for doing the recovery using any of the methods I have mentioned here? Let us know that in the comment section.