Most of you might be using an ethernet cable for your internet connection in your home. Or you may also be using one in your workplace. However, there may be times where you may see the error of invalid IP configuration like “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration”. This may be due to your DHCP is not being able to get the correct IP Address.
So, if you are having this problem and then you are definitely asking “how to fix ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration?” You can solve this problem with numerous methods. In this article, I will tell you about the methods which are useful and are sure to solve your problem.
Steps To Solve “How To Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration?”
So, here are the different procedures by which you will be able to solve this problem. You can start with one solution and if does not work, then move on to the next procedure.
Procedure 1- IP/TCP Settings Reinstall
- At first, you have to select the “Command Prompt” by right-clicking on the Windows key.
- After that, you have to type the commands given below, and after writing them, press enter:
netsh winsock reset
c:\Users\(your name)>netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
c:\Users\(your name)>netsh int ip reset
- Now, you have to restart your PC. After the restart, the changes will be applied.
Procedure 2- Reset IP/TCP And Flush DNS
- Bring up the command prompt by right-clicking on the windows button and selecting “Command Prompt”.
- After that, you have to type the given commands, and after writing them you have to press enter:
- a) ipconfig /release
- b) ipconfig /flushdns
- c) ipconfig /renew
- Next, you have to open the Admin Command Prompt again, and in it, you have to type the given command, and after writing each one you have to press enter:
- a) ipconfig /flushdns
- b) nbtstat -r
- c) netsh int ip reset
- d) netsh winsock reset
- Now, to apply the changes you made, you have to reboot the computer.
The flushing of DNS is one of the best methods of solving the problem of “how to fix ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration?”
Procedure 3- Enable And Disable The NIC
- You have to begin the process by bringing up the “Run” box by pressing the Windows key and R key simultaneously. Then in the “Run” box, you have to write “ncpa.cpl” and then press enter.
- After that, you have to select the NIC which is facing the problem and right-click on it. And from the menu, select “Disable”. And then again after a few minutes select “Enable”.
- Now you have to wait until it is able to obtain the IP address successfully.
- However, if the problem is not solved, then within cmd you can type the given command:
- Lastly, to check if the problem is still there or not, you have to restart the computer.
Procedure 4- Changing The Settings Of The Adapter
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key to bring up the “Run” box. And then press “enter” after type “ncpa.cpl”.
- After that, select the properties of your Wifi (NIC) by right-clicking on it.
- Next, select the option of “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/Ipv4) from the new menu. Then click on “Properties” located at the bottom right corner of the menu.
- After that, you have a check that the “Obtain DNS server address automatically” and “Obtain an IP address automatically” option is selected. Then press OK.
- Lastly, after exiting the properties menu, reboot your computer. This will make the changes apply to your computer.
Procedure 5- Uninstalling Drivers
- Bring up the Run box by pressing the Windows and R key simultaneously. And type “devmgmt.msc” in the box. This will open the device manager.
- Go to the option of “Network adapter” click it to see the options. Now, select the Network Adapter you want to fix and press on the option of “Uninstall”.
- When you will be asked to confirm your decision, you have to click “OK”.
- After that, go to the option “Action” and click on “Scan for hardware changes.
- Finally, restart your PC. This will help to confirm the changes you made.
So to solve the problem of how to fix ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration, this is one of the best methods. If the problem is still present, then try the next procedure.
Procedure 6- Update The Drivers Of Your Computer
- Make the Run box appear by pressing the Windows and the R key simultaneously. And then type “devmgmt.msc”. This will bring up the device manager.
- After that, select the Network Adapter. From the menu select the network adapter which you want to fix. Then select the “Update Driver Software” option.
- Then, click on “Browse my computer for driver software” option from the menu.
- Next, find the “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” option and click on it.
- Form the list of the drivers ready to update, select each one and update it. After the completion of this process, see if your problem still persists.
I hope that you have got your answer to the question “how to fix ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration?” All of these methods are the best ones out there. They are all effective. According to the nature of your problem, the appropriate solution will work. So, if you are aware of the cause of your problem, then you can pinpoint the solution. Otherwise, try them one by one unless one of them works.