In this article, we will help you with the best methods to change your iPhone’s IMEI number without using jailbreak. Changing your IMEI number is not as hard as some of you are thinking. It is quite easy to do it using simple steps.
IMEI numbers are basically a unique identity of every device and is is a default setting in your iPhones. The IMEI number can be changed using a useful PC tool, or you could also go for an open-sourcing unlocking tool for iPhones. You have to go through the guide enthusiastically so that you can change your Iphone’s IMEI number by yourself.
But before coming to the steps, we must know in brief what Jailbreaking and IMEI numbers are.
What is an IMEI number?
It is the International Mobile Equipment Identity number which is completely unique from each other and it is previously set by the maker of the device. It can also be said as a series of number which happens to be present in al mobile phone including smartphones.
Basically it is a unique identifier used to recognize the specific network on the cellular network.
The IMEI number is present on the gray or silver sticker on the back of your iPhone or you could also get it in the box of your iPhone. And an IMEI number generally is 15 digits long.
You can change your IMEI number for a temporary span of time if you want.
What is Jailbreak?
Jailbreaking is the process of getting root access to the iOS operating system by which the Apple devices run including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod. Or in simple terms, you could say that Jailbreaking is getting access to your operating system and with the help of that you could use it for removing software restrictions imposed by Apple in the operating system.
Once you have permission to the root access, you can enable several changes to the existing softwares and you could also add new softwares that you need, but Apple didn’t give you permission before to install your desired softwares.
How to Change the IMEI number on your iPhone?
It is a straightforward and seamless process to change iPhone IMEI number and we will be the guide to successfully crack this. You could use a PC tool to completely unblock all the classy features of your device but before doing that you must know some more information that would help you with jailbreaking.
- Download the Ziphone PC tool and transfer it to the P.C, it is a free and open-source tool.
- Iphone USB cable is mandatory
- This process wil work on activated and unlocked iPhones.
Must know before you Jailbreak your device
- Changing your IMEI number will have an impact on your device warranty and will invalidate it.
- And if your warranty period is over, then you can do it freely.
- Making a change to a stolen iPhone’s IMEI number is illegal and a punishable offense.
Now rolling down to the steps to change your IMEI number seamlessly without having to use the jailbreak process.
Here is how to change your IMEI number via CMD
- Before changing the number you need to figure out the original IMEI address of your device. You can easily check that by dialing the number *#06# and it will come up with your current IMEI number. Kindly note down just in case you don’t remember it later or you could also take a screenshot.
- Start by installing Ziphone IMEI changer and launch it on your P.C
- Now you can extract the Ziphone in any drive of your system.
- The next step is to head to the root folder of the Ziphone extracted files.
- Now boot your iPhone by hitting together Press Sleep and Power Button in recovery mode and then release it when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- The screen will have iTunes icon and cable connection directing towards the icon and these tell you to connect your iphone to P.C
- Now press on Shift & Right Click on Empty area of Ziphone Root folder and then select Open Command Window Here option from the right-click list.
- The next step is to write Ziphone in CMD and then enter this command
Ziphone – u – i a666666666666666 but using your own IMEI number instead of using 6 and then press the Enter button.
Once you have successfully completed these steps, just wait for a few minutes unless your Iphone reboots with the new IMEI number by itself.
Now you can again check the IMEI number of your iPhone to make sure that you have done it successfully by pressing *#06# on the dial pad and the new IMEI number will instantly pop up on your phone screen.
This is the only way to change the IMEI number on your iPhone without having to use Jailbreak and if in case it doesn’t work out, you have to repeat the whole process again and make it right the next time.
This method has been examined in several iPhone devices and it has worked out with every version of the iPhone.
Here is the list of the series of iPhone that has worked out.
iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone6, 6S, 6 Plus, and iPhone 6S Plus and more surprisingly it has even worked in iPhone5 and iPhone 5S.
Coming to a conclusion
There are many iPhone users and there are many tech geeks who wants to use their iPhone to a maximum level and taking it to the utmost level means you can use any softwares and tools to see the full potential of your iPhone. Many have gone through this process before and there are many who will in the future.
If you have taken a look at How to Change IMEI Number on iPhone Without Jailbreak, then you know that it is quite simple and would not take more than an hour or so.
So, why not try your hands and get take your iPhone to the maximum level. If you encounter any error after than then you can Contact for Mobile Repair Service.